E-mail MeLaurence S. Graham
Laurence S. Graham, the founding partner of what was to become The Graham Nuckolls Conner Law Firm , died November 17, 2012, having practiced law in Greenville for more than forty years.
Larry grew up in Charlotte, receiving his undergraduate and law degrees from Wake Forest University in 1967. He was one of the first attorneys in North Carolina to specialize in Elder Law and the second attorney in the state to earn the designation of Certified Elder Law Attorney. Larry was past chair of the North Carolina Bar Association’s section on Elder Law and a member of the Elder Law Counsel. Additionally, he wrote and spoke extensively in the field of Elder Law, including the publication of a booklet titled Important Choices, a Guide for your Survivors.
He was appointed by Governor James B. Hunt to serve on the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws from January 1978 to May 1985. Active in civic life, he was a former member of the Pitt Aging Coalition, the Pitt County’s End of Life Coalition, had served on a number of boards, including the Pitt County Board of Education from 1991 through 1998, Wachovia Bank Local Board of Directors from 1995 through 2005, Public Radio East Board of Directors from 2003 through 2011 and was Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the Sheppard Library from 1971 through 1976. Earlier in his legal career, Larry served as a city attorney and was Legal Counsel to National Athletic Trainers Association from 1981 to 1989. He also served as Lieutenant Commander in the United States Naval Reserve Retired, Intelligence Command.
The attorneys and staff of The Graham Nuckolls Conner Law Firm endeavor to continue Larry’s exemplary service to his clients, courtesy to other attorneys, and unselfish service to his community.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Medicaid Planning
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- North Carolina, 1967
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1970
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1970
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1970
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1970
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1965
- Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Carolina Telephone & Telegraph
- City of Greenville
- First Union National Bank
- Grady-White Boats, Inc.
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- Pitt County Memorial Hospital Medical Staff
- Phi Delta Phi