E-mail MeRobert Paul Jenkins
Paul’s practice area is focused entirely in the area of family law, including divorce and separation, spousal support, property distribution and child custody and support.
He is an exceptional and dedicated attorney, who brings the same level of intensity to the court room as he did on the pitcher’s mound as a student-athlete at UNC-Chapel Hill. After graduating with Dean’s List honors from UNC-Chapel Hill, he attended law school at North Carolina Central University, where he graduated magna cum laude. While at NCCU he actively served the community as a member of the Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution clinics, and participated in North Carolina Central University’s Street Law program, teaching at Durham’s Hillside High School. Paul also participated in NCCU’s mentor-mentee program. Additionally, Paul serves as a Teen Court Judge in association with the Mediation Center of Eastern North Carolina. He has volunteered as a mediator with the Dispute Resolution Center in Carrboro, North Carolina and also serves as a volunteer judge and coach for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice high school mock trial competition.
Paul was awarded the AV Rating by Martindale Hubbel-Lawyers.com in 2013. He received the same prestigious recognition for 2014 and 2015. This is the highest possible rating for any attorney by the top attorney rating agency in the nation. This is the highest possible rating for both his legal ability and ethical standards reflecting the opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary.
Additionally, Paul was included in the Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for 2015. Less than 3 percent of the state's attorneys were selected for this distinction as voted on by their peers.
Paul was born and raised in Rocky Mount, North Carolina before calling Chapel Hill home for nearly a decade. In May 2011 he returned to his roots of Eastern North Carolina to work for The Graham Nuckolls Conner Law Firm after working previously at the Maitland Law Firm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, friends and dogs, attending UNC and ECU sporting events, and traveling to major league baseball games to see his beloved Red Sox.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Including Divorce
- Spousal Support
- Property Distribution
- Custody and Support
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Served community as a Member of the Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Honors: Participated in North Carolina Central University's Street Law Program
- Honors: Participated in NCCU's Mentor-Mentee Program
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Honors: Dean's List
Honors and Awards
- LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, 2013
- LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, 2014
- LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, 2015
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service Committee
- North Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Family Law Section
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Family Law Section, Continuing Legal Education Co-Chair
- Dispute Resolution Center, Carrboro, NC
- Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce
- Mediation Center of Eastern North Carolina, Teen Court Program
- Judicial District 3A Bar Association
- Pitt County Bar Association
- Greenville Noon Rotary Club